A mole is simply a blemish on the skin that can range in terms of size, color or even shape. In most cases the most irritating types of moles are those that are found on the face and that said the process of removing them is something that many people affected will be looking out for.
However even before moving on to the process of removing the mole, it is first very crucial that we point out the fact that, moles are sometimes seen as very inert infections but at some point they may become very serious. In case you notice that the once inert mole on your skin has started to change, for example that it is increasing in size and changing in shape, you should consult a doctor immediately. There has not been any major differences in mole removal on sensitive areas such as the face versus other areas of the body, but cosmetic mole removal is still worth looking into before committing to a procedure.
Cosmetic Mole Removal
The type of cosmetic surgery that may be chosen for use will depend on the nature of the mole, where it is located and its severity. Cosmetic mole removal may as well range from simple surgeries to very complex ones but the idea in all instances is simply to remove the mole. The full medical procedure will at times require the surgeon to dig out the mole from deep within the skin using scalpels or in some cases, doctors can chose to use the laser mole removal techniques. In either of those, there is a considerable cut that is done in the skin and it is not surprising that scarring can sometimes occur. You can read more about mole removal surgeries before deciding what to do.
Cosmetic surgeries are very effective and they normally will take an hour or two if they take so long. Even though there may be some sores, pain or a little discomfort in the area after the surgery, this are issues that can be dealt with using some pain killers.
Healing normally will start immediately and will take one week. After the healing of the wound there will still be a scar, the scar may fade out within a year and the area where the surgery had been conducted may return to looking normal just like the rest of the skin.
A better alternative? If you are truly concerned about the risk of scarring there are other options you can explore before deciding on a risky surgery. There are very effective methods that can save you lots of money and trouble. We have tested a dozen different creams and have written a review of the one that have performed best for us. You can read the review here: Nevi skin review.
Risks of Mole Removal
Mole removal is a generally safe procedure but sometimes complication can arise. These usually range from infection to allergy. Methods of removal and the area where the mole is located will influence what difficulties might arise. Generally surgical mole removal and laser mole removal are the most dangerous while home mole removal and mole removal creams have almost no associated risks.
Take a look here for an overview of the various methods of mole removal.
The most common risk is scarring. A good surgeon can usually give you an idea if and how large the scar will be but he or she will never be able to make this a guarantee. This is why surgery generally should not be your first option.
If you are being treated by a doctor always make sure that he has the proper qualifications and education for the procedure. Make sure you are educated about mole removal before you go to the doctors office.
Common Mole Removal Methods
As we all know, moles may be very destructive especially when present in the most visible parts of your body such as the face and neck. In this case, more and more people are finding ways to get rid of such imperfections. Furthermore, there is a swelling amount of proposed remedies for such physical limiting mole problems.
Mole removal sites, on the other hand are equally increasing because of high demands. In fact, the internet may lead you to hundreds of sites which may showcase a variety of mole removal methods. Here are some of the most common remedies that are offered along with the pros and cons of each:
- Surgery. This is a very common method which may remove moles very quickly (If they get the whole root). Basically, surgery cuts through the base of the mole with the use of a scalpel or sharp knife. In the case that your mole is rooted deep into the skin, then surgery may have a deeper cut option and very high chances of having stitches. That is certainly why you should think twice of choosing surgery as a mole removal method.
- Laser therapy. This probably is the most expensive among other mole removal methods since it requires several sessions to be effective. Just like surgery, laser also cuts through the mole. However, for moles that are rooted deep into the skin, laser may not be recommended since it does not have the ability to penetrate into deeper skin cells. Lasers may leave some mole cells which may appear as a dark blemish on your skin.
- Cryotherapy. Cryotherapy is an innovation that requires injecting or spraying of liquid nitrogen for the mole to fall off in time. Nonetheless, you must remember that this may potentially cause harm on the surrounding skin cells.
- Over the counter treatment creams. Some creams are basically acidic in nature which burns the mole up until it is gone. Though this method may be cheap and easy, you must still consult with your dermatologist for safety purposes. Always consider a natural mole removing cream like Nevi skin does not use harmful acids.
There are lots of ways to remove moles which you may get from the powerful search engines. However, it is a must that you learn them all by heart along with the potential side effects. Moles are easy to manage. Once you know the right path, then you may kiss your moles goodbye for good.
Surgery Mole Removal
People who want to get rid of their moles would usually worry about the mole removal costs. As we can all see, anything is possible nowadays as long as you have the finances and the right contacts. Since most people see their moles as flaws and imperfections, the demand for having these moles removed has increased.
Economically speaking, the higher the demand for a service or product, the higher the cost it will entail. In this case, the inflation theory poses a fact that mole removal methods may be very pricey for somebody who would want to boost his or her self esteem, after getting rid of his or her mole(s).
Factors Affecting Mole Removal Cost
Mole removal cost may greatly vary because of certain factors. With these factors considered, you may actually estimate how much money mole removal will cost you.
Here are the factors:
- Type and number of moles to be removed. Of course, larger moles would cost you a bigger amount of money since it is obviously a more tedious task for the doctor. Mole removal cost’s range anywhere from $125 to $500. Keep in mind that this may surge up to a bigger sum depending on various factors like that of size and quantity.
- Location and extent of mole removal. Removing a mole on the face will be more expensive compared to removing a mole on your leg or thigh. This means that certain locations, such as the face, are more sensitive and prone to scarring. Therefore, this requires a more tedious assessment and extra precaution during the mole removal process.
- Condition of the mole. Some moles have the possibility to be malignant or precancerous and may demand adding several hundred dollars on your budget for the laboratories and other examinations such as that of biopsies.
- Method of removal. Surgery may utilize lasers, razors or standard scalpels to incise the mole. In this case, you won’t be paying a flat-rate; mole removal cost greatly varies on how the doctor plans to remove the mole.
- The doctor that will perform the procedure. Mole removal cost may vary depending on the location of the doctor, urban based practitioners usually charge higher than their rural based counterparts. Physicians who are tenured in the practice and have already built names for themselves in the mole removal field tend to also charge relatively higher when compared to the novices. Additionally, the doctor may also prescribe lotions or creams that will cost around $100 to $200 per bottle as a precautionary method to avoid recurrence.
Undeniably, the surgical approach to mole removal will cost you a lot of money and perhaps, some pain. The solutions to the problem are several none surgical approaches in the form of remedies such as that of Nevi skin cream. It provides better non invasive results vs. the surgical method and of course without the pain and scarring.
Laser Mole Removal
Getting rid of moles is one thing that keeps people busy these days. Some traditional people opt to get rid of moles the natural way. While others would rather endure stitches and deal with specialists and get surgery. Surgery has sub-types a client can feast on as well. One of the most common forms of surgery is laser mole removal. It may be a good way to remove moles, the thing is: it costs.
Here’s the good thing about laser mole removal; you get to do away with moles really quick and you are saved from skin irritation which arises when the mole rubs on the clothing. As a whole – you’ll look better. There can also be health benefits. For one thing, laser mole removal is essential especially if your moles are doubted of cancer.
If you are looking into the different ways to get rid of skin moles, you’d better start reading and educating yourself. Surgery may offer different types of benefits, particularly, laser mole removal. If you think that the medical professionals can help you get rid of the moles, it’s time to visit doctors. The doctors can help you choose among a set of dermatologists or specialists.
Laser mole removal would not take much of your time. While it removes moles within few minutes, it does cost a lot. Surely holes can be created in your pockets. Yet, if you are prepared to pay off the expense, you might get yourself a deal. Although lasers could not penetrate through deeply-rooted moles and might not work out really good for such moles, laser mole removal leaves a chance of scarring behind. Generally, there is a slight discomfort while undergoing the procedure.
Other medical treatments, such as having your mole cut off, frozen off, or burned off, may leave scars also. Since only the surface is taken off and the moles’ roots are still underneath, a recurrence of the mole is possible after some time.
Let’s face it! Laser mole removal is, by all means, expensive. If your moles are not diagnosed of malignancy, the treatment is considered as cosmetic surgery, thus, your premiums and insurances will not cover up for the expense. Meaning, you will have to pay for it all.
Daunting as it may seem, laser mole removal, is an option that should never be overlooked. There is another possible way to get rid of your moles permanently that is natural, cost effective, and very effective. This scientific break-through method has helped thousands of people who soaked in mole dilemma. In as little as just three days, you can be completely mole-free, and it doesn’t involve any major surgery.